Saturday, February 19, 2011

Starting over...

Hello everyone, or rather hello to the few people who may or may not stop by and see my blog. I apologize for my extended absence. I would usually have a long list of excuses to insert as to why I haven't been around to post anything but I don't see the point in wasting our time. So let me just say that it feels good to be back.

So, in the last few months I've picked back up on a novel that I started sometime ago. I'm not sure why I out it down but the good news is that I'm back in the game. It's a slow process which is strange to me since back in my big time writing days I was always so quick but I blame that on the length of my chapters and the quality of my work. I'm a much more complicated and mature writer now that time has passed for me. Not to mention the full time job that I have trying to support both my husband and myself. Times are tough for us at the moment, but I am grateful for my friends who have really uplifted me in the more recent days. The book I'm working on is called "The Other Side" and if anyone shows interest I will post a synopsis (since I have yet to write one) and chapters. I know I don't have many readers but I am really hoping to change that. If there is enough interest I will share with everyone what I've been slaving away on which is new for me. I've always been so shy about my works that the idea of offering it up to be read by other people is a very scary step but this I am really proud of. I hope someone takes interest.

I'm also working on two crochet projects with the likelihood of picking up more. My dear sweet cousin in South Carolina has started a business of photography specializing in infants. As such she has recruited me to crochet her all kinds of little hats and diaper covers. My dilemma is that I'm having a really hard time finding patterns. Sure, there are all kinds of free patterns on the internet that I have slaved hours and hours trying to find but I'm having a hard time finding exactly what she wants me to be making for her. Specifically an aviator hat for a baby. I can't find that anywhere, not even in books that I've checked out for purchase. I'm half tempted to ask the owners of the page where she saw them to see where they got their pattern. I just have to remember the name of the site now.

So as I mentioned before:
two projects. Currently I'm working on a blanket for a friend at work which you will see a square of on the right here. The way this blanket works is you make all the little squares then sew them together. I think since my ability to sew is not as good as my talent for Crochet that I will me crocheting the pieces together. It will give them some ridges but I think it adds character more than anything else.

The second project is another doily which you will see on the right
here. I started it yesterday out of boredom and got pretty far. I'm just about done with the ocean color in the center. However, I'm having trouble with it rippling which is a bummer. I think maybe my stitch is too tight which is causing it to happen. I've made the smaller 5 point doily of this pattern already and had the same trouble so with this one I tried to crochet looser. That didn't work out so well unfortunately. Oh well, it's good practice and I want a full set of these doilies.

Well that's all for now. My next blog is going to be all about the great world of geocaching for those who don't already know what it is. Now that the weather is getting warmer I have plans to go much more often than I already am. I'm so excited!

~Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment