Monday, December 13, 2010

Just Another Day In Paradise...

I used the beginning title because today I counted a coworker who sits in ear shot of me saying this phrase to technicians on the phone a total of 18 times during my shift today. Now if you take into consideration the fact that we only have a span of about 2 hours in which we work at the same time, I would say his overuse of the phrase is quite substantial. Still - The fact that I was able to follow through and count the number of its uses will put into perspective the kind of day I've had so far.

Boring...

Oh well, we'll have those from time to time. Now that the weekend is over it's back to the usual routine. I've really got to start showering at night though because I'm really really tired of my hair freezing before I get to work. that is the bad side of not using a blow dryer in the morning before going to work. My hair
is typically a bit damp before my day begins which wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't below freezing outside. I can't imagine that's any better for my hair than blow drying it. What can I say? I'm lazy. I just can't justify waking up a half hour earlier than I already do just to pointlessly blow dry my hair.

So my latest project is a pair of socks for a woman that I work with. She requested them for her Step Mother. I'm not quite finished yet, but I figured I would at least post what I have thus far for your viewing pleasure. That way you can follow my progress. To the left is the beginnings of the ribbed cuff. Eventually this piece gets connected from beginning to end to form a tube. As you can see the requested colors were pink and gray. I can't say they're my favorite two colors to go together (and for those of you who know me, know I hate the color
pink), but once I got started on the project I was pleasantly surprised to find a humble mesh of the two. I've been using Caron Simply Soft Medium sized yarn in Plum Wine and Grey Heather colors. Did I mention that Michaels had an amazing sale on Yarn the other day? Did I buy a load more yarn? Hecks yah I did.

To the right you'll see the original striped stitch has been made into the tube and in gray beneath it the heal has been attached. At this point the pl
um wine yarn is worked in rounds connecting the rest of the tubing to the heel itself. All that I have left now is to finish the rounds until it's long enough for the requested size foot (in this case a woman's 9) and then the toe can be connected. Then VOILA! 1 sock done. You know I've done this pattern so many times I could probably do it in my sleep now. In this case I had to make the ankle a few rows shorter as the woman I am making them for has particularly skinny ankles. I'm a bit nervous that overall it may be a bit too small. I'm going on the fact that this style of stitch has some room to stretch a little though. Cross your fingers! I'll post the completed project when it's all done. I really gotta get on it and finish these socks soon. So many projects before Christmas! WHICH IS NEXT WEEK!

Can you believe the holiday season is upon us? I mean we just had Thanksgiving and all, but next week is Christmas! I'll be working of course as we really could use the money as my husband hasn't found any work y
et. Holiday pay is a glorious thing. I'm not too concerned though. The fact that I get off work at 3PM is nice. That and my wonderful family will be celebrating Christmas on the 24th instead of the 25th to accommodate my work plans. I love my family.

Well, I would say that's enough from me for one day. Keep your eyes out, I'll be around soon!



Cassie



Edit:

Well instead of making an entirely new blog post, I figured I would place the finished product at the bottom of this one. There you have it folks! One of two socks completed! Hopefully I'll have the other one done in the next few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment