Friday, December 10, 2010

Somewhat Great Works Of Art


I promised projects so I have a few pictures of some things I've worked on in the recent past.

To the right is a photo of a Christmas Stocking I made a few months ago. Ironically, I happened on the red and green yarn at the Dollar Tree for 50 cents a skein. Do I now happen to have an entire duffel bag full of red and green yarn now? ...Ok yes. So if anyone out there needs anything crocheted in the colors of red and green by all means let me know, otherwise I'll never get rid of this yarn. And if I never get rid of all this yarn I'll have to accept that my husband was right and that I overdid it. I'm sure the other married women out there agree with me when I say that if I ever admit that the man is right I'll never, EVER hear the end of it.

What's funny is, now that we're on the subject of my husband and the socks that I made for him awhile ago, he's actually sitting at my feet now whining about the fact that he can't find his other sock. Like I know where it is? You see recently we decided to move our bed out into the living room in front of the fireplace. Now before you start to assume it was for purely romantic reasons, let me tell you the amount of money we have saved on our energy bill. The fact that we hardly have to run our heater in the winter time is more awesome than I can put into words. And ok, the romantic aspects of falling asleep in bed curled around my husband in front of the fireplace with a cozy fire burning is really really nice.

You'll see to the left the socks in question. Now that its made its debut on this blog I've returned it to Shawn and he can stop his valiant quest to find it. Beside it is another version of socks that I've made and wear frequently. What cracks me up is how long the body of the sock looks yet it still manages to fit on my feet. Shawn's socks were made with size 4 medium worsted yarn (Red Heart Black and Caron Rhasody Greenfields from the Dollar Tree. See I used it some more!) The only downside to this, which I discovered after he had worn them for the first time, is that Red Heart Medium Worsted yarn is rough on the feet. Since then I've changed to Caron Simply Soft Medium Worsted Size 4 yarn which makes for a much softer slipper sock.

Now my socks are actually comprised of two different kinds of yarn held together. Bernat Baby Coordinates Light Yarn Size 3 (Lavender) and TLC Baby by Red Heart Size 3 Bunny Print. Now I had originally purchased this yarn to make a Baby Blanket for someone close to me (I'll post pictures another time. Can't give it to you guys all at once or I'll have nothing to talk about later on) and with what I had left over because I undoubtedly bought too much, I made myself a nice pair of thick soft socks which I am very happy with.

I would say that's enough from me for one day. Stop by often because my hopes are to at least blog a few times a week. I think maybe tomorrow I'll post about my most recent project for a girl that I work with. See what happens when I do this stuff at work? People want to buy my stuff! YAY!

Also if anyone has any requests for me to make anything for them in the months or years to come, please by all means drop me a message.

Salut!

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment