Saturday, December 11, 2010

Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful -

- But the fire is so delightful!

No really it is. We lit a fire last night and when we woke up it still had embers going in the fireplace. So my husband tossed some wood on it, used this little air pump to blow on the embers and BOOM new fire! Which is good too, considering this is the first time all year we finally have snow on the ground. Can you believe it? December 11th and we're just now getting our first snow. To the left is a picture I took from our patio. As you can see we don't have a whole bunch of it but holy crap it's cold outside. Not to mention the sidewalk and the like is totally covered in ice. Makes me afraid of what the streets are like. Oh well, Shawn and I went on our last enjoyable walk in this weather yesterday with Sassy. Now I'm sad to say the one's from here on our will be too cold to really enjoy considering how far we actually walk. Two miles by my last count - And Sassy is STILL not totally worn out when it's over. I tell ya. Now I'm worried about my little girl getting too cold outside. So it's back to the sweater I made her when she was a puppy. I'll have to make a few more adjustments to it though so it'll fit her properly. I've attached another picture here. I believe Sassy was about 6 months old when this was taken. She's wearing the sweater I crocheted for her. Now that Sassy is going on 4, I've obviously had to make it a bit bigger for her. The other side of the sweater has a little Hawkeye on it. Yes, we're a family of Hawkeye fans and my husband and I both have matching sweaters, so naturally I had to make one for Sassy. I used Redheart Medium Worsted Yarn Black and Gold to make it. Thankfully I made it adjustable since I knew I would be making it bigger as my puppy grew up. You can't hardly tell but she looks so small there...

So Shawn and I went outside a bit ago and took Sassy with us. She, of course, still loves the snow even as an adult. It was flurrying while we were out there, but it doesn't look like it's doing it anymore, which is good. I hear we're supposed to get another 3-5 inches overnight. Remind me to wake up early in the morning so I can get my car cleaned off without much trouble. I get to work nice and early at 6AM. What I'm really disappointed about is that my work's Christmas Party is tonight. The weather has me afraid to go, because let me tell you, I hate driving in snowy weather.

Well then, provided all loads properly, I leave you with a video of Sassy in the snow, December 11th, 2010!




<3 Cassie

4 comments:

  1. It didn't load properly. No video of Sassy in the snow. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevermind. After I posted my comment, it loaded. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL! Gooooood. I know I was messing with it for awhile trying to get it to load. :D I have so many videos I plan on putting on here of Sassy. :D

    ReplyDelete